8.25.2009

Some Way Cool Containers



I'm always on the lookout for hot new plants and stuff I haven't seen before, so I recently took a swing by Loomis Creek Nursery in Hudson, NY. It's full of good stuff, not least of which are the many pots displayed, singly and in clusters, designed by owners Bob Hyland and Andrew Beckman. So, I thought it worth posting a gallery of pix from their place (with a few more over at Gardening Gone Wild). Here goes:



Bob also collaborated with Margaret Roach to design a series of contianers plantings at the Berkshire Botanical Gardens in Stockbridge MA.


2 comments:

the inadvertent farmer said...

I especially love the square containers, I have always thought the linear shape is great against the organic shapes of the plants, I love the contrast! Thanks for the inspiration...I have some empty containers. Kim

lostlandscape (James) said...

I see a lot of containers that scream for attention so loudly that you forget to notice the plant they contain. I like your selections. They're all very plant-friendly in how they complement and not compete against them.