12.22.2008

Iceman's Back



When I wrote about Ole Man Winter's brief visit to Clatter Valley last week, I knew he'd be back. And I knew he'd mean business. The guy's relentless. But I wasn't expecting him quite so soon. He roared through here on a three-day bender over the weekend, darkening the shortest day of the year and leaving about 16 inches of snow in his wake. The good news is that I think I caught a glimpse of the old coot. I think that's him leering at me from the woodland edge. Gardening 2008 is definitely over.

5 comments:

Philip Bewley said...

My brother moved from CT to NY this last wekend. He said it was a whiteout of snow. Fortunately all went well, despite the storm.
best,
Philip

Philip Bewley said...

Oops..I meant from Manhattan to CT

lisa said...

Welcome to my world! While I'm used to snow here in northeast Wisconsin, ours has broken records already this year! Yay! *~<]:-)

Steve Silk said...

Philip--Now there's a fun project--moving in a whiteout. Hope he managed to settle in without too many incidents.

Steve Silk said...

Hi Lisa--One thing about snow--it really gives you a blank palette on which to paint your garden dreams for the coming year.