12.10.2008

Chicken Post #1



Looks as if chicken-blogging is shaping up as the blogosphere's break-through sensation of 2009. Their antics are endlessly entertaining to watch and, perhaps, to post. I first got wind of this on Andrew Sullivan's most excellent blog The Daily Dish (which has absolutely NOTHING to do with gardening), and followed his link to Alex Massie, who first crowed about the trendlet at The Debatable Land. Maybe Massie's just yolking (sorry!), or he's just laid an egg (ditto!), but, just in case, I'm getting out front on this one. That's my son Birdboy's bantam, Frosty. We'll be hearing more about him and his friends.

10 comments:

Gail said...

Steve, He's a beauty! Can't wait to hear his adventures! gail

Chandramouli S said...

He looks so proud of himself and like the man he's!

Anonymous said...

Frosty the Chicken. Well my husband and I are looking forward to this! I have noticed lots appearing about them also. I need to come up with a chicken post.

Kit Aerie-el said...

Chickens...not just for the dance
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UV3kR)
- I mean, not just for the eggs, but for some of the best compost (my friend who has them says to wait a year for it to turn into black gold).
Frosty is fantastic! I want one too.:)
~Aerie-el

Anonymous said...

Steve, you really should consider setting up a chickencam. I would watch it...

Steve Silk said...

Hi Kate--The chickens are now pretty much free ranging, so I'd have pick one of them to be the cameraman--that would be comical.

Steve Silk said...

Aerie-el--Chickens are fun for all kinds of reasons-they also eat bugs and grubs in the garden. And their antics are so entertaining!

Steve Silk said...

Gail--Thanks, chickens have all kinds of adventures, mostly because they are kind of dim.

Steve Silk said...

Chandramouli-Yeah, Frosty likes to strut his stuff. We have a few too many roosters so they are always struggling to rearrange the pecking order.

Steve Silk said...

Flowergardengirl--Chickens are fun! If you don't have your own, at least you can watch some funny clips on youtube.