11.21.2008

Garden Touring with Clive


Clive Nichols is one of my favorite garden photographers. And he's shot at many of the very best gardens in England and on the continent, such as Nicole de Vesian's in Provence, France (pictured). It's nice, every so often, to visit his site, and wade through the thousands of pictures he has online. I always find inspiration--sometimes for making gardens, sometimes for making pictures. Clive also wrote a top notch how-to garden photography book: Photographing Plants & Gardens. For my money, it provides a lot more practical advice than his recent, stunning The Art of Flower & Garden Photography.

8 comments:

Sunita Mohan said...

Oh-My-God! That is just so unbelievably beautiful! I just visited his site (thanks for the link) and had a look at his photos. Well, he's got a fan here in India now.
Thank you for introducing me to him.

Zoƫ said...

I bought the book shortly after my husband gave me a fab new digital SLR for my birthday.

It's well worth buying.

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to meet Clive a couple times and actually take a photography class from him when I lived in England. The book is top notch...second only to take a class directly from him!

Jana said...

I´m very happy for this post. I´ve recognized one garden I saw long time ago in one magazine due to it. Its designer is Terry Malley and it looks truly as a piece stolen from the Eden. Thank you.

Steve Silk said...

Sunita--I'm sure the network of Clive's fans is ever growing. Glad you enjoyed the link.

Steve Silk said...

Zoe-So has it made much difference in your approach to garden photography? It's easy to enjoy for the picture alone, without taking any of his advice.

Steve Silk said...

Rochelle-How cool is that? I'd think a class from him would be quite inspiring.

Steve Silk said...

Hmm, Jana--How might I find a picture of that garden? You've got me intrigued.